2004 was a stupendous year where those Los Angeles movie moguls chomped on bigger cigars as movie ticket sales in the US totalled a record $9.4 billion.
Here's a look at some of the most anticipated films for 2005:
Cast: Christian Bale, Michael Caine, Liam Neeson, Morgan Freeman, Gary Oldman, Ken Watanabe
Director: Christopher Nolan
Top five reasons to keep a Bat-weekend free and dust out your old latex eyemask:
5. The effortlessly wonderful Michael Caine plays butler Alfred Pennyworth, in what seems like the first time the integral character has been properly fleshed out.
4. The villain, Ra's Al Ghul, is not one of the typical pantomimed loonies, but a despicable foe, and possibly Bruce Wayne's most powerful adversary of all time. Give it up for Liam Neeson, people!
3. The dark and brooding Christian Bale plays Batman, and it is good to see someone play the part of the troubled detective who's not a mere pin-up face!
2. The script, doing the bootlegged rounds all over the Internet, is an honest retelling of the Gotham mythos, and features an interesting set of twists and turns.
1. Christopher Nolan made us all sit back and watch murder thrillers again with the brilliant Memento, and he's the perfect man to film the dark knight.
Text: Raja Sen
Design: Uday Kuckian