You are here: Rediff Home » India » Get Ahead » Careers » Study Abroad
Search: The Web
  Email this Page  |   Write to us


Study abroad: How expensive is a foreign degree?

January 23, 2008
Yesterday we published Part 1 of education consultant Karan Gupta's chat transcript with Get Ahead readers, where he discussed various issues related to studying abroad.

Toady, in part two of the unedited transcript, we look at issues ranging from expenses to the best colleges to the best courses available. Read on:

Anita asked, Hi, I am interested in pursuing MBA in UK. Please suggest me where should i do? what will be the expenses approx.

Karan Gupta answers, Visit for a list of colleges in the UK offering an MBA

kunalp asked, I have a 12+3 yrs of educatn background and more than two years of work experience. Can i apply for an MBA in US?

Karan Gupta answers, Yes, you can apply for an MBA in the US.

namit asked, Hi Karan, I have a gmat of 680 , wrk ex of 2.5 years, in IBM , Presently with Sapient , good extra curricular ..have already applied to some US schools , Georgetown , purdue , thunderbird , michigan broad , can u evaluate my chances

Karan Gupta answers, You will have no problem getting admission to Thunderbird. The rest are harder.

sujeet asked, Hi Karan, I am science graduate with 3+ years of experience. I want to pursue MBA from any good university from US. What are the requirements, fees, etc.

Karan Gupta answers, You will need the GMAT and the TOEFL for admissions. The fees are approx. $40,000 per annum but vary from university to university.

om asked, I am interested for a flight training course. I am about to give my 12th exams this February. Well I am a biit confused as in Australia or US or UK or new zealand????? which one is better considering future prospects ???

Karan Gupta answers, You should opt for a good flying school irrespective of where it is situated.

parag asked, i am just cleared my m com i want to build in my career in finance and banking what should i do

Karan Gupta answers, You can opt for an MS or an MSc in Finance

shams asked, i didnt complete my graduation,,ii was in b,com final year now iam 27 year,, now i realised that i should have continue my education.. what are possibility of pursuing higher education now..could help me please in this difficult situation?

Karan Gupta answers, You could complete your Bachelor's degree from Mumbai University by correspondence and then apply for a foreign degree.

Illustrations: Uttam Ghosh
Also read: 'New Zealand is an emerging market'


© 2007 India Limited. All Rights Reserved.Disclaimer | Feedback