Coach Gary Kirsten told India's squad to distance themselves from the controversy surrounding five senior players ahead of the start of the Test series against Australia next week.
The countdown for the four-Test series starting in Bangalore on Thursday has been overshadowed by news the Indian board has drawn up retirement plans for five veterans including captain Anil Kumble and record-breaking batsman Sachin Tendulkar [Images].
A board official said on Wednesday that Kumble, Tendulkar, Sourav Ganguly, Rahul Dravid and Vangipurappu Laxman, all well into their 30s, had been told to plan their retirements by December.
"I think we should move on from that," South African Kirsten told a news conference on Friday. "We need to focus on the team and get on with the Test series.
Watch more sports videos